Job type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Linton, Cambridgeshire
£22389 per annum
Young People Support Worker – (supporting young people near Linton) needed!
We are currently working with an outstanding residential school on an exciting new Young People Support Worker role in the Linton, Cambridgeshire area.
Starting from as soon as possible, the residential school are looking for an outstanding Young People Support Worker to join them on a permanent basis.
The Residential Home:
- Graded ‘Outstanding’ from CQC
- Caters for young males aged 14 – 18
- Young people have various mental health difficulties
- Service users come to the home / school on a 2 year programme
- Has a proven track record of improving behaviour and education for their service users
- Provides bespoke education, care and therapy
The Role (Young People Support Worker):
- 40 hours per week
- Minimum starting salary £22,389 per annum
- Key worker for 1 young person
- If you posses a particular skill (i.e. decorating, cooking, carpentry etc.) then there is opportunity to tutor the young people
- Responsible for taking your key young person out for activities
- Attend annual 1 week residential holidays
- Excellent opportunity to progress to a senior level
What you will need:
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people or adults
- Previous experience working as a Children’s Support Worker would be beneficial
- NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care or a desire to obtain this (they will fund your course)
- Car driver (rural location with poor public transport)
- Team work
- To be committed, enthusiastic and reliable
- Good communication skills
- Enhanced DBS check (we can provide this)
If this highly rewarding Young People Support Worker position is of interest to you, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!