Support Worker, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
£9.15 per hour (£10.98 for Sundays, £11.44 for Bank Holidays)
Permanent, Part Time, 30 hours per week
Are you passionate about ensuring the best opportunities for vulnerable adults? Do you want to work for an award-winning social care company? Do you have the skills to support our customers to lead an independent life?
· An opportunity to really make a difference
· Award-winning comprehensive and bespoke training
· An opportunity to gain a recognised and well-valued Health & Social Care qualification
· Holiday package, increasing with service
· Competitive salary
· Opportunity to become a shareholder member of our employee owned social enterprise – our members are often awarded annually with vouchers!
· £250 payment on completion of probation
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs in the home and in the community across Suffolk and neighbouring counties. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise, owned by our employees. Any surplus we make is reinvested back into services for our customers or into the local community.
We are currently recruiting for a Support Worker within our Short Breaks service in the Bury St Edmund area.
Everyday is different
At Leading Lives, we are caring and passionate and know that there’s no better feeling than seeing the difference each of our jobs make to other people’s lives.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Support Worker who will role model our key values and ensure the service continues to run smoothly and efficiently. You’ll be part of the key workforce on the front line ensuring our customers have every opportunity to lead the life they choose.
Working in social care, we know that no two days are the same, but every day counts.
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
· Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
· Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
· Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
· Maintain dignity and respect at all times
· Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
· Liaise effectively with families and carers
· Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
· You will think ahead, flex, adapt and focus to ensure Leading Lives is delivering to the expected standard of service to our customers
· You will build relationships both internally and externally
· This is a great opportunity to grow yourself and others to ensure we make the Leading Lives difference
If you would like to discuss the opportunity of working as part of our friendly team, please contact our recruitment team on 07873615892 for further details or complete the online application form. All candidates will be contacted following interview.
Please note due to the nature of the work we do and our service users, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Reference ID: VA70
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.15 per hour