Read original article here
Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media.
Working in our three core markets, sustainability, financial services and technology, we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and content to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
We are passionate about our people, products and customers and our values are at the heart of our business; they define us, and they are how we conduct ourselves both as a company and as individuals.
Our values are summed up as: integrity, teamwork, innovation, trust, good judgment, passion for our work, curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
If these are aligned with your values, then keep reading.
Overview of the role
COVER is the leading industry publication for life protection and health insurance, with the go-to-site for up-to-date information for IFAs who specialise in selling protection and healthcare.
By bringing our readers all the latest news about policy launches, key regulatory changes and “people moves”, we ensure intermediaries are equipped with everything they need to know when facing insurance clients and end-user customers.
Minute-by-minute we track the movements of life insurance, income protection, critical illness cover, healthcare/PMI, employee benefits, mental health and wellbeing, and all areas of group risk, while keeping our eyes and ears open to the ongoing needs of a hugely under-protected society – our overriding agenda is help our readers close this gap.
With expert contributors from industry professionals providing regular opinion pieces, high-profile columnists and interviews with leading figures – not forgetting our conferences, awards events, seminars and webinars – we ensure that no stone is left uncovered when it comes to personal protection and the needs of its IFAs.
The role (reporter) will include producing engaging and insightful online news coverage across the protection and health insurance markets, developing and producing long-form features, interviewing leading industry figures, and supporting the editor across COVER events, webinars and other projects.
What we value
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with solid journalist training behind them who has been working for at least one year as a reporter for a B2B publication. Experience of financial journalism is desirable but not essential, along with:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to maintain a busy workload and prioritise tasks
- Ability to work efficiently and meet daily deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain strong contact relationships
- Ability to get to grips with new subject areas quickly and be willing to continuously develop knowledge in key areas
- Ability to show a proactive and flexible attitude throughout all aspects of the role
- Experience of producing news and long-form content for a B2B audience
- Experience of producing content for online and social media channels
- Experience of live event – in-person or virtual – participation, such as chairing panel discussions or presenting, is desirable
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location in Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- A rewarding environment where success is recognised
- Excellent training and development programmes
- Hybrid/remote working
- Pension scheme with 5 per cent employer contributions
- Life assurance scheme
- Voluntary private medical insurance
- 25 days’ annual leave, increasing to 30 days
- Health Cash Plan for those everyday healthcare costs
- Savings on items from Currys/PC World via our TechScheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym rates
- Retail discounts saving you money on essential and everyday purchases
- Employee Recognition Scheme to recognise your colleagues with rewards
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for extra support if things get tough
- IMFoundation – staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Plus a number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits.