Sosei Heptares (the corporate brand of Sosei Group Corporation) is a research-focused biotechnology group, publicly listed in Japan (TSE: 4565) and with sites in Tokyo, London and Cambridge (UK).
Our mission is to make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life and health of people around the world. To achieve this, we will discover, design and develop the most innovative and effective medicines for patients worldwide, through our world-leading patent-protected technology and platform.
Our primary focus is the discovery and early development of new medicines originating from our proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR)-targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. We are advancing a broad and deep pipeline of novel medicines across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology, inflammation and other rare/specialty indications.
Our Company has established partnerships with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, including AbbVie, AstraZeneca, Biohaven, Genentech (Roche), GSK, Novartis, Pfizer and Takeda and additionally with multiple emerging technology companies. Sosei Heptares is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan with corporate and R&D facilities in Cambridge, UK.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 161 employees based at its new R&D research facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
We are growing our translational science capabilities and have 3 positions open, focussed on biomarkers, organoids and target identification and validation, and immunology, respectively. We are seeking highly motivated and experienced individuals with the Biomarker and Organoid roles at SS2 or Principal Scientist level (depending on experience), and the Immunology role at PhD / experienced graduate Scientist level.
The creation of these positions reflects our commitment to developing cutting edge translational science strategies to support our core therapeutic areas of gastro-intestinal, immunology & immuno-oncology and CNS.
The Translational Science team support all drug discovery phases to provide a better understanding of the molecular drivers of efficacy, safety, pharmacokinetics, and guiding identification of biomarkers of target/mechanism response. As part of our multi-disciplinary team, you will collaborate with other scientists in the group, as well as with other members within the Discovery and Development organisations, scientists from external contract research organisations (CROs) and academic or industrial partners.
Seeking an Immunologist to support the development of immunology target biology in inflammatory disease and immuno-oncology, to create packages of evidence supporting target identification, target validation, preclinical candidate nomination (supports a candidate drug entering development) and first time in human milestones and out-licencing.
- Design, delivery, analysis, and reporting* of * internally at lab/department/project team meetings and externally to collaborators, relevant conferences and via publications
- Outsourced in vitro or ex vivo human or rodent cell-based assay data
- Outsourced in vivo studies PK/PD modelling, disease efficacy modelling, mechanistic modelling
- In house in vitro or ex vivo human or rodent cell-based assay data e.g. systems exploring immunological or cellular function using flow cytometry, cytokine and/or gene expression Immortalised lines or primary cells from health or disease (rodent models or human disease) In the first instance this would be via collaboration with internal lab-based colleagues
- Outsourced human disease sample analysis Cyto-/chemo-kines, GPCR agonists and receptors at protein and message level
- Outsourced first-time-in-human ex vivo target engagement studies
This is an exciting opportunity to work across diverse functional groups within Sosei Heptares and with external collaborators. Working within research-phase and development-phase project teams, your primary responsibility will be to shape, own and deliver translational research plans.
- Working collaboratively with others and building working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Highly developed communication skills to engage effectively with a wide-ranging audience, both orally and in writing, using a range of media
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work in-order to meet deadlines, including using initiative to plan research programmes
- Experience of carrying out both independent and collaborative research
- PhD or BSc/MSc graduate with >3 years’ academic or industrial experience post-BSc
- Significant experience with Human and/or mouse immunology and immunology assay systems (no expectation of experience / familiarity with all aspects of immunology) Flow cytometry, ELISAs Data analysis; fluency in at least one of MS excel, GraphPad PRISM, R
- Creates data through matrix interactions with others (at CROs, academic or industrial collaborators, Sosei Heptares colleagues) but in future there is an expectation that the post-holder would generate their own data at the bench (
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Heptares is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please apply through our on-line jobs’ portal with your application in pdf format, quoting reference number 2021-TS-Immunologist. The closing date for applications is 30th September 2021.
Sosei Heptares does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs from agencies. All speculative or unsolicited CVs submitted without an agreement in place will be considered Sosei Heptares’ property and will not obligate us to pay a referral fee.