We are expanding our home care support team and are looking for caring, reliable and hard working individuals to promote independence, whilst actively encouraging and supporting with making informed decisions. Our core values are to treat people with respect and dignity whilst maintaining confidentiality.
Our benefits and rewards package:
- Above NMW pay rate of £10.50 per hour, rewarding your hard work and commitment
- Potential to increase earnings with overtime
- Car drivers receive an additional 10p per mile as fuel allowance.
- Support from care co-ordinators, management and community team
- Full induction and training package
- Retail, supermarket, holiday, entertainment & cinema discounts
- Discounted local & national gym memberships
- Access to low cost saving plans and loans
- Hospital and Death Benefit plans at prices you can’t find on the Highstreet
- Employee assistance programme & wellbeing support
- Refer a Friend bonuses
- Access to funded qualifications and genuine career opportunities
- Company uniform and mobile phone provided.
If you are looking for a new challenge or a new career opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
A Full UK Driving License is essential (own car beneficial) to allow enough time to complete your care rounds although we do have limited rounds available for bikers/walkers.
What the job involves:
- Assist Service Users with all aspects of personal care including, washing, bathing or showering, continence care, assisting to dress, shaving, ironing, shopping, preparation of meals, washing up, collection of pensions, getting in and out of bed, eating and drinking, general mobility, rehabilitation, social interaction and outings, providing or obtaining information and assistance with form filling.
- Maintain accurate records including MAR charts (medication administration records) in line with HICA Policy and the Data Protection Act.
Who we are looking for:
- Those who are hardworking and reliable
- Willing to learn
- Have a kind and caring nature
- Motivated by seeing the difference you can make to the lives of our service users
- Able to communicate effectively
- 7am – 2pm and/or 4pm to 10pm,
- Full time and Part time hours available
- Minimum of 3 days per week on a 2-week rolling rota with the option of working split shifts.
- Be able to work alternate weekends
Successful candidates will need to complete an Enhanced DBS Check or provide a transferrable DBS before a start date is offered.
HICA at Home in Grimsby is one of 3 lead providers within North East Lincolnshire. We currently deliver approximately 2800 hours of community-based care per week in our geographical areas. including Fiveways, Cleethorpes, Humberston, Haverstoe and New Waltham.
The HICA group are a ‘Not for Profit’ organisation providing a range of care services to older people and those with learning difficulties both within residential, nursing homes and within the community.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: £10.50 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- care worker: 1 year (preferred)
- full UK driving licence (preferred)