Highworth Care is a registered care provider that specialises in Personal Care covering short calls, overnight and Live-in care.
Our mission is to deliver an outstanding care service of the highest quality. We aim to promote individuality through provision of a bespoke, person-centred service, that allows service users to preserve their dignity, independence and quality of life. Along with the highest quality of care and support, Highworth Care endeavours to treat every service user with fairness, dignity and respect.
Our performance will be defined by the following values;
Excellent quality, confidentiality, dignity and respect
Communication that is open, honest and timely allowing for flexibility and adaptability to our services.
Service safety that is guaranteed by robust policies and procedures, as well as careful selection of staff and comprehensive training packages
What your typical day involves
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care in their own homes within the Village. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Medication training would be desirable, if not you will be trained
- Supporting at mealtimes where appropriate
- Helping to promote mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them and supporting them when needed
- Working with the Domiciliary Care Manager and other external professionals such as GPs, Chiropodists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists where appropriate
- Admin duties: keeping accurate records – maintaining full documentation at all times to show care given, activities and any changes to their health
Who we’re looking for
Ideally someone who is able to work in South Cambridgeshire, West Suffolk and Essex, primarily Haverhill.
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working in a care/dementia setting or you may have a Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, however this isn’t essential as full training will be provided. Above all, you’ll be passionate for caring for others, respecting people’s choices and always putting their safety and welfare first. A great listener with a positive outlook, you’re confident talking to both residents and their families and understand that confidentiality is very important in what we do. Always ready to lead by example and support the wider team, you’ll deliver care with dignity and compassion and working to put a smile on our residents’ face every day.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Uniform provided
- Online Training provided
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £9.75-£10.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Free or subsidised travel
- Monday to Friday