The Clinical Lead assists the Care Manager with professional and administrative duties and is responsible to the Manager for the care /nursing matters in the Home whilst ensuring that the Care Manager is kept informed at all times.
In the absence of the Care Manager, the Clinical Lead is the leader and a working member of the care team and has the overall responsibility of the nursing / care management of the Home, maintenance of high standards of care and monitoring of performance of the staff.
To ensure that standards are maintained, and that adequate cover is provided, flexibility is required of the Clinical Lead for working nights, weekends and a proportion of Bank Holidays, as necessary.
The Clinical Lead will also be expected, from time to time, to assist the Care Manager and Proprietor with unexpected visits and inspections of the Home, when otherwise off duty.
Trainee nurses (nurses qualified outside of the EU) will need to hold a letter from the NMC confirming their eligibility to sit the OSCE exam.
Become a Key worker and make a difference.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and values:
- A qualified RGN/RMN with a valid NMC pin number or a Student Nurse (qualified outside of the EU) with a letter from the NMC confirming their eligibility to sit the OSCE exam.
- Previous experience working as a Senior Nurse or staff nurse or registered nurse in a Care Home environment is desirable but not essential.
- People Management experience
- A committed and organised approach.
- A confident communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible to work shifts.
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Clinical training support and development
- Development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Annual NMC registration costs covered*
- SimplyHealth cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- PerkBox – a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition MMCG Care Awards
“Maria Mallaband Care Group’s main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a [Covid-19] vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government’s UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy.”
Monread Lodge can provide residential, nursing and dementia care to the elderly, with up to sixty-four en-suite rooms available, all ground-floor accommodation for the ease of those with mobility concerns, and private parking and gardens. A dedicated dementia unit named Knebworth Court was opened in October 2010 offering 16 appointed en-suite bedrooms. Residents can enjoy a spacious conservatory, choice of comfortable lounges and a dining room. There is also a central courtyard with a ornamental fishpond. The home has an excellent inspection rating, looks to implement any modern methods and technology that can improve the lives and well-being of residents and follows person-centred care packages tailored to individual needs. Staff maintain a sensitive attitude towards the concerns of loved ones, work hard to assure that admissions are as stress-free as possible and that new residents are made to feel welcome and at home.
If you are interested in this job please Apply Here