The Meadows in Haverhill is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 55 residents. We pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for older people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
As a Care Assistant you will provide person centred care and support to assist residents to maintain their independence including personal care, mealtimes, and activities whilst also providing a listening ear to those who need it most.
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting service users when required with all aspects of daily living.
- Support in training and supervision of junior and new staff members in all aspects of their work in the care centre, under the supervision of senior staff members.
- Pay particular attention to assisting service users who have limited mobility or physical learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
- Closely monitor service users who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems.
- Observe care planning needs for service users and complete written daily records as instructed in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with service users and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the care centre.
- Answer the Nurse Call system, giving assistance as required.
- Report on the wellbeing of service users and liaise with GPs and support Managers Etc.
We welcome both experienced and new carers to apply. Full support will be given to you in your role from the very beginning ensuring you are fully trained, competent and confident to deliver outstanding care.
- Free uniform
- £150 referral bonus
- Enhanced pay rates bank holidays
- Free training with career progression opportunities
- Qualification for the Care Certificate on completion of mandatory training
- Both Full and part time roles available.
Location: Haycocks Road, Haverhill, England CB9 7YL
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: £8.93-£9.00 per hour